Most folks do not know that you do not have to be stuck with a tiny profile photo on your Facebook profile nor on your Facebook fan page. Here are a few examples that I have created for my own profile and pages and for other people too:
4. Use the Rectangular Marquee Tool to draw a rectangle. Pick a color from the profile photo or logo and fill the rectangle.
5. Next, I added a photo on top of the layer that I colored.
7. Save the file as a .jpg, and you are ready to upload it either as your personal profile, or as a fan page personal profile.
- THE Report on Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 (preciseinternetmarketing.com)
- Using Elements to Edit Old Images (brighthub.com)